Monday, June 22, 2009

Houston...the Beazer's have landed!

For Memorial Day weekend we were able to head out to Houston and visit my Grandma Blair, Aunt Janie, Aunt Donna and Mitch.  I was so excited because I hadn't seen any of them besides my brother for several years and Becky had never met my Grandma and Aunts on my Mom's side of the family.  Becky was also excited because Alicia, her friend/roommate at BYU lives in Houston and just got back from her mission so we were able to hear her report in church.   While in Houston we were able to visit the NASA space center and go to the beach in Galveston.  Grandma and Aunt Janie made sure that we were well fed the whole time we were there.  Here are some pictures of the things we did.  Thanks for the fun weekend guys!
Romantic picture on the beach
Becky getting thrashed by this 2 foot monster wave :)  I think she's on the boogie board and I'm not sure what the frisbee is all about.  She had never been boogie boarding before and this wasn't a good beach to start on.  The waves were pitiful little things, with the tallest being no more than 3-4ft so if you're looking to do stuff in the water if you go to Galveston you will be disappointed.  
The piece by piece display of the international space station
I forgot the importance of this rocket.  I think it was the first one launched???  I'm sure someone will enlighten me in their comment if they know the story behind it
Mitch, Alicia, Becky and I  posing by another rocket


0 comments: