Sunday, August 30, 2009

Something smells fishy!


     Kendall, one of my friends in our church ward, has been bugging me to go fishing with him practically since the day we met.  I hadn't been fishing since I was a boy scout which was quite a few years ago and had only been fishing a couple of times in my life.  As far as I could remember I never found fishing to be very much fun.  Finally, I caved into the peer pressure and decided to give it a whirl.  
     One of the counselors in our Bishropic took us out to his in-law's lake and it turned out to be a really fun morning.  The bass must have been hungry because they were biting like crazy!  I was there for about 45 min-1hr before I caught anything, but then after that I caught four more fairly quickly.  I had a great time and was glad Kendall never stopped prodding me to go with him. 
Kendall with one of the many bass he caught on the day!
Brother Law caught 4 or 5 bass in about an hour, and then went home...I guess it must be boring being such a good fisherman.
Kissing this fish's boo-boo better before putting him back in the lake.  Thanks for the fishing lessons/trip Kendall!

2 comments:

Fishing is fun! I've been meaning to post all my fishing adventures from this summer but don't have many picts since I forget to whip out the camera in the excitement of the catch.

Sorry all you got was bass... quite possibly the most boring fish species to catch. Trout is the real fighting fish!

Glad you caught something though! Bringing in a fish sure makes fishing more worthwhile.
 
What happened to the picture of your fish, wasn't it not big enough to have it's picture taken? I think I would like fishing if someone would bait my hook for me. I like being by the water more than being in the water. Mom