Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chase: 7-8 months

It's so crazy that Chase is 8 months old already!  In the past two months, he's learned a lot of new tricks, and he actually gained some weight!  Since I didn't have a separate 7 month post, I'll try to split up what he's learned/done between 7 and 8 months from memory:

7 months (before December 21st):  Chase sits up pretty well, and is getting pretty good at leaning forward onto his hands from the sitting position.  He is drooling like crazy still, and he eats his solids really well.  Nursing is not fun because he gets distracted so easily and he never seems to be hungry.  He stays pretty content during the day, and we are trying to get him to only wake up once to eat at night (sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't).

8 months:  Chase seems like he's so close to crawling, but he gets really frustrated by it.  He is really good at going from being on his tummy to getting to the seated position, and it seems like he is always moving!  Gone are the days that he would sit still.  It's so hard to change his diaper now, and I've finally given up on nursing him.  It was getting way too frustrating, and it seemed like it was always a struggle to get him to nurse.  I still nurse him at night, though, when he's half-asleep, so I haven't stopped altogether yet.  He takes a bottle well, but he still doesn't eat as much as the dr said he should be eating.  It's not like I can force him to eat, so I just hope he's getting what he needs.  He's started to get his first little injuries now that he's always moving.  It seems he is always pitching forward into things, and he pulled a chair onto himself the other week.  I think he was trying to use it to lift himself up--I didn't expect that he would be that strong!  He likes jumping in the jumperoo, but he looks like a riverdance member when he does--jumping on his little tiptoes :)  And just this past week we noticed his two bottom teeth coming in!  Finally!  We're excited that he's finally getting teeth, but with that and being congested, all his sleeping progress had gone out of the window.  He was getting consistent at only waking up once at night, but now he's back to waking up 3-4 times.  I guess it's not as bad as other teething stories I've heard.  Also, I'm wondering if he'll just skip crawling, because it seems like all he wants to do is be walked around the house.  He especially loves walking to the entertainment center so he can open and close the bottom doors--over and over again--and then pull out all of the DVDs.  Good thing he's so stinkin' cute!  Here's proof:








(It snowed in Memphis!  Buddy's school was closed for the snow day, and we played outside for...five minutes!)

(Chase playing with his older girlfriend (by two months))


(Chase and his bigger twin Isaac.  Apparently Chase has darker skin than most white babies, since our camera makes the other kids look like they're glowing in comparison :))


(Chase and his first tooth pictures!  Really, it's his first teeth though, since both bottom ones are coming in at the same time.)


(He's almost as good at winking as I am:)


(Also, we love our root beer around here...)

9 comments:

he's so stinkin cute! seems like kids go through spurt of eating lots and then not eating anything at all. Take it from a mom who has a 17 lbs 16 month old, we try to help them to eat but like you said you can't force them. As long as they pee or poo and are still growing shoudl be good right?
he's so cute! hopefully one day we can meet this little guy!
 
Love the half wink pictures! He's pretty dang cute! Don't feel bad about the breastfeeding. You lasted longer than I will.
 
Love the root beer pic! Fun update!
 
Oh my gosh. He's so stinkin' cute. He looks just like Mowgli from Jungle Book in that middle pic..
 
mowgli? I looked and looked at the pics, but I don't see one with a half naked boy in it. "that middle pic" wasn't the best help to find out which one you meant.. :)

and kamry, we will probably see you guys in a couple of months since we'll be living in Cardston for the summer!
 
Very cute! I love the Popeye smile.
 
It's about stinkin' time! I've been missing that little man. My two oldest kids crawled literally a week or two before they walked, maybe it's a Beazer thing ;). I can't believe he's just getting his first teeth. It sounds like you stopped nursing just in the nick of time.
 
Great pictures - Thanks for sharing. It will be good to see you all again,
Dad
 
Haha, ok, the 5th pic. Do you see it? It's the way he kinda wrinkles his nose and squints the one eye. Maybe I'm making stuff up :)