Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Typical February in Memphis

I know this was a whole month ago, but I forget about the pics and videos on my camera until I upload them to the computer (which doesn't happen too frequently).

Since we've been living in Memphis, it seems like we usually experience one or two tornado warnings in the month of February.  We just had one this year, and the storm didn't really do too much damage in our suburb, but it was still pretty exciting!  I feel like I'm always in denial during extreme weather like this, because I'm never really scared.  Usually Buddy has to drag me into the "tornado shelter" (i.e. bathroom :) ).  Maybe one day the weather will teach me a lesson, but it hasn't happened yet, and I hope it never does. Anyway, the video isn't very extreme or anything, it's just a taste of weather in Memphis.  I'll definitely miss all of the storms this summer!  I don't think Cardston has many thunderstorms...or rain, for that matter... :)

This is Chase and I in our tornado shelter watching the weather updates on the computer.  We're lucky our electricity didn't go out!




Just a few minutes later it was raining in torrents, and it made a mini lake of the park near our apartment. Crazy!

1 comments:

I'm usually in denial about the weather, too. We ate waffles on the living room floor and watched the news. I even called my mom, just to talk, and freaked her out when we lost the connection. At least you're smart enough to go hide in the bathroom!