What with my birthday, finals, and moving to Canada, I'm pretty sure I had no down time at all these past few weeks. Not any time that I would spend blogging when I could be sleeping instead, anyway...But all's well now. We made it to Canada! Unscathed! Well, almost. Buddy got a speeding ticket in Iowa, and then I was jealous of all that attention he got, so I got one for myself in Montana. What happened to the days when they used to just give warnings? I've never even had a ticket before, and we weren't even speeding that much. I guess we'll have to join the "go the exact speed that's posted" club to avoid future infractions. Also, we were afraid our car wouldn't make it the last five hours, but with prayer and a lot of luck we did just fine.
We've been in Canada for a few weeks now, and I still haven't unpacked all of the luggage. Why, you ask? I couldn't say. Must be my laziness that always seems to creep in at inappropriate times. But I have some blog-updating to do, so here's the beginning of it:
Remember how Chase loved to stand by the dishwasher? He's a climber now, and he loved climbing up on the door of the dishwasher. Luckily we moved before he had a chance to fall off sometime. Now we don't have a dishwasher, so I think Chase has forgotten all about his favorite toy.
Chase loved "helping" me pack during the few weeks before we left. He was the perfect size for that shelf, and he seemed to like it.
Need any more evidence of his new climbing ability? He got up on that stack by himself, too. There weren't any more stacks after that. I had to lay all of the boxes next to each other. Lesson learned from moving: get a babysitter while packing and moving stuff.
Some of our group of SCO friends at the senior send-off dinner. We'll miss seeing all of you guys!
Me and some of the SCO wives that were there. Such an awesome group of women!
Look closely and you'll see the best-kept secret of the SCO Mormon guys (until this year): Justin's ear piercings! He had worn earrings (studs? it sounds weird to call them earrings when a guy is wearing them...) so long in high school that the holes have never closed :)
Last play date for Chase with Tegan, Javen, and Jackson at that same playground we went to the week before. It was even better the second time! We'd totally be going there every week if we were still in Memphis this summer.
The only sight-seeing we did on our LONG drive from Memphis to Canada. Buddy really wanted to get a picture where Chase's head was part of Mount Rushmore, but we had some difficulty getting it...
We finally gave up and just posed for a family pic. You're lucky it's not a close-up of us, since our travel selves isn't the prettiest sight.

1 comments:
Post a Comment