(this is the face he made when I asked him to smile for the camera...)
Chase was 18 months on November 21st. At his doctor's appointment, his stats were as follows:
weight - 21 lbs 4 oz - 5%
length - 32.5 in - 50%
head circumference - 46.5 cm - 10-25%
(we really do try to feed him a lot, though it doesn't look like it...)
(Chase playing with one of his new toys lately. I haven't told him that it's bad luck to open an umbrella inside...wait, is that really a thing? I thought someone in middle school told me it was bad luck, but now I can't remember...)
He's starting to show his personality more, too. He's a little imp with the things he thinks are funny. Like when Mommy and Daddy say "no", or when we make throw-up noises (I have no idea why this is funny to him). He loves to direct people to do what he wants, too-I think I have a video of this somewhere. He'll start dancing or drumming or spinning and then point at everyone in the room individually to make them join in, too.
(Daddy and Chase with beards)
(this is him directing us to join him drumming on the plastic tubs)
(yes, he can fit a record number of straws in his mouth. His mouth is surprisingly large :) )
One thing I think is pretty cool is that he can recognize a few words when we write them out in all caps. He knows DAD, MOM, CHASE, NANA, and POP POP. We tried to get him to learn MASON, but he hasn't quite gotten it yet. Since he pretty much knows all of his shapes, we've been working on the ABC's, numbers and colors. I bet he knows more than we think, but he doesn't talk well enough yet to show it :)
He had a bit of an adjustment the first few weeks, but Chase is turning out to be a great big brother. For the most part he ignores Mason, but he asks more and more often to hold him, and he's great at giving Mason his binky, or has even tried to help wipe his eye (the one with the clogged tear duct). I'm sure they'll be great friends in a year or so.

0 comments:
Post a Comment