height: 26.5 in 90th percentile
weight: 17 lbs 4 oz 80th percentile
head circ: 40.75 cm 50th percentile
He is still such a happy boy, and he's pretty good at going down for naps. He's a short napper like Chase was, but he'll occasionally take a nice long 2 1/2 hour nap just for fun. He still makes lots of noises, and is a great smiler when you first start talking to him. Mason rolls from his back to his tummy almost every time I lay him down--including when I lay him down in his crib. Like Chase, he's completely skipped the whole "rolling from tummy to back" milestone. He loves standing in the jumperoo and going on walks in the stroller. He also giggles when he's tickled, held upside down or being "pretend dropped" (you know, like moving him up and down in the air like you're dropping him?). We love this baby and are so glad he's a part of our family.
Chase continues to impress me with his sponge-like brain. As in-he learns new things so fast!! He now can count to fourteen (random that it stops there, I know. I think it's because I counted fourteen toys one time, but that's as many animals as there were). He knows all of the letter sounds (as in "A" says "ahh" and "B" says "buh") and sometimes starts saying the alphabet with sounds-only ("ah...buh...kuh...duh...eh...fff...guh..."). He has memorized a lot of the books we read together (What's up, Duck? is the most impressive one...) Am I just being biased or is he super smart? I think I'm in for some trouble either way :) He still loves music and dancing (right now we're in a "Rio" music rut. that music is now ALWAYS stuck in my head), and now requests that I only sing "Baby Beluga" when I put him to bed. I wish he would pick a song that I like better. Never really cared for Baby Beluga. What's so special about that white whale anyway? He's pretty polite, and has taken to saying "thank you, welcome" lately whenever he gives me something. He has a funny little pretend laugh when he says something he thinks is funny--I'll have to see if I can get it on video sometime, but it's not too likely considering he stops everything when the camera's out. We love having this little entertainer around.
The boys still don't pay too much attention to each other yet. Chase will still give Mason hugs and kisses occasionally, but most of the time he's too busy doing his own thing to want to pay attention to a baby. He does say "Mason crying" whenever he's, you know, crying :)
My favorite moment of the past few weeks was when we were at my parents house, and I was holding both boys and jumping on the trampoline. I don't remember another time when they were both giggling together like that. It was awesome! (Buddy was at interviews in Washington, so couldn't be there...) Hopefully as they grow older I'll start hearing them laugh together more. I'm hoping they'll be good friends!

1 comments:
Post a Comment