Friday, September 12, 2008

In the beginning...

So, as today is my last boring weekday at home by myself, I figured I'd finally start your new favorite blog. :)  Ok, I should have started before, but, blah, blah, excuses, some more excuses...at least I'm doing one now.  Buddy and I, as many know, have recently moved to the Mid-South heartland of Memphis, Tennessee, and we love it so far. (we don't have many friends yet, but we still like it here).  The ward is super-friendly, and nobody waters the grass here, 'cause it doesn't need it!  I love being somewhere with green grass and trees again;  I'm just waiting for my promised thunderstorms.  I thought we'd get them from the Hurricane Gustav, but all we got was a tornado watch that was a false alarm...maybe Ike will bring more.  It's really humid here, but our apartment (which is three times the size of our old one!)  is nice and cool.   Buddy and I spend our time together (our limited time, since buddy's at school all day) watching episodes of Psych and Bones and running/working out.  We run outside together every other day, and work out on the off days.  Running outside here, by the way, is like running through a steamy shower.  Uphill.  Even at night. :)

We've been able to find some good deals in furniture from Craigslist, too.  We got a nice couch, loveseat, coffee table, and two end tables all for $300, and a working washer and dryer for $150!  Speaking of the dryer, if anyone needs to know how to replace the felt on a dryer, I've done it!  I felt so handy (though I just followed online instructions from a helpful website) as I took apart the dryer, scraped off the old felt, glued on the new, and put it back together again!  It took me about 3 hours, though;  mainly because that stupid old felt took forever to scrape off!

Is this post long enough for being my first post?  I hope so.  I'm all worn out. 

3 comments:

that was beautiful...sniff...sniff.. My baby girl all grown up and savin' china! :)
 
Yeah!!!!! I'm so glad you are finally bloggers. It'll be so nice to check in to see what you are up to.
 
Love the blog! Glad for the updates. Craigslist is awesome for cheap furniture. And yes, that was a beautiful first blog post! miss you guys!