Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Go East, My Friend!" (or something like that)


Clayton must be really excited.  or something.  
Poor Kami...she was having a rough day
Don't mind me in the background.  Just look at cute Kami and Alyssa.  (I'm not as lazy as I look, fyi).
My last chance to see the place of my childhood.  Going, going....
Gone!
mmm, nice pic, Buddy
Me, uh...flying through the tree?
Chanel having her own little tree stump party.
It doesn't look like much here, but the garden plot was pretty big!
Buddy stealing Clayton's halloween costume to look tough
Buddy attempting to harvest Thomas Jefferson's garden.  The plant won the battle.
On the bus to Monticello!
Chanel and Mom Beazer on the bus...
Kami and Clayton had to pose for so many pictures...I don't blame them for being bored :)
Michelangelo, the best of the ninja turtles!  Actually, I think Raphael is my favorite, but Michelangelo was the funniest...




I just wrote in my journal and am not feeling especially writing-creative, so this will probably be very brief.  We really enjoyed our trip to Charlottesville, Virginia to see Buddy's family!  It was nice to see Virginia again, especially since our road trip took us right past the place where I spent the first 7 years of my life (see road signs for Blacksburg, VA---we didn't stop, though.  Our trip was long enough as it was, and I don't think Buddy would have enjoyed my "remember when?" stories without having experienced them himself).  While we were in Virginia, we got to visit the famous Monticello (it's on the back of the nickel, for goodness' sake), and that was super cool!  Good ol' TJ was a heckuvah smart guy, and he appears to have been good at everything!  He had so many innovative designs in his house, and I think my dad (and Buddy's dad) will appreciate the fact that he had a very extensive garden.  I've always liked the idea of those space-saving beds in the alcove, or closets :)  It reminds me of how my mom said she slept above the washer and dryer in a little cupboard-like thing when she was a little girl.  I tried it once.  It was very cozy :)  Mark and Adria have such cute kids, too!  The only thing bad about them was that they were all sick, and Buddy and I, well...it was inevitable.  We're still getting over our colds. :)  But it was a great trip overall.  And now for the Hulet trip to PA.  Only one week away!

5 comments:

So sorry again that you got sick! It was so fun to have you here. I love all the pictures! You are welcome back any time.
 
Guess who found your blog? Stacy! Just kidding, Ben! You always fall for that one, Becky.

Keep up the good bloggin. I expect some really funny interesting posts in the near future.

I'll link to your blog so the two or three people who read my blog can read yours! yay!

Buddy, how is optometry school? I've been thinking about putting off med school awhile. Gimme some advice dude.
 
great posts -- I have had a lovely morning looking at all the blog updates (yours, Jens, EBs) I am excited for tomorrow -- see you soon. Luvs!
 
way to write about your amazingly fantastic time in PA. I'm offended. no pics or anything. lame. lame. lame. lame. (haha, you should go to sleep with a recording of that over and over again kind of like "job. job. job."). How am I supposed to avoid homework and studying if you don't have any new posts? hm?
 
Um....blerg.


Blog again. I've blogged thirty times since you did once. Get on the go. On the double. Make haste. Quickly. Hammer time. Ready...break. Now. Seize the day. Just do it.

I could go on, but if I did, it would be another blog.