Tuesday, July 14, 2009


I was planning to post this a little bit ago, especially since it's definitely my turn to post.  Anyway, this is an email I received from a friend of ours in the ward here.  We babysat her kids for a few hours one day, and apparently we've made some sort of impression on her daughter jayden:

Becky and Buddy,
    Tonight as I was putting Jayden to bed and asking her about her day she was very excited to tell me something.
 
J: Mom! Buddy was in primary today!
M: He was? That was pretty fun to see him there I bet huh?
J: Yeah! Mom, did you know that Buddy is my best friend?
M: Really?
J: yea, and did you know that Becky and buddy are twins?
M: Twins huh?
J: Yeah, he is the brother and she is the sister and so they are twins!
M: (thinking...what?) Actually they are husband and wife, like a mommy and a daddy.
J: Oh, Well.... can they come to my movie party?
M: (thinking... that was a weird transition) I guess we could ask them.
J: K! Send them an e-mail and invite them to my movie party!
M: You are a silly kid,  but ok.

Apparently we appear to be twins to a four year old.  Maybe because both of our names start with B?  We don't really look alike....We got a pretty good laugh from it, though. :)

8 comments:

tee hee.. kids are so funny! I love it! Fun post!
 
That makes me laugh every time I think about it! By the way, last night Jayden officially earned her movie party, so she is super excited to start planning it! We'll let you know!
 
you guys are pretty popular with the kids. I think Jackson will be jelous if he finds out you are best friends with Jayden, because I'm pretty sure he wants claims to that title! haha
 
That's weird cause I've always thought you were twins too, but I didn't want to be awkward by pointing it out.
 
Jackson shouldn't be jealous, haylee. No one else here will yell out Buddy's name endlessly during the sacrament. :)
 
You should start wearing matching clothes to church just to REALLY confuse the poor kid. Plus, I bet everyone else would get a kick out of Buddy in a Sunday dress!
 
That is so sweet! My kids sure miss you. Hopefully we'll be able to see you sometime soon!
 
Har har. That's great. Well we do have Brangelina, TomKat, and Bucky. You guys should feel special...