Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gone, Baby, Gone...

For the whole month of August, Chase and I were home a total of 8 days! It's too bad I can't say the same for Buddy, but unfortunately he had school to attend to :)

On August 5th we drove to Nashville, then flew to Denver, then finally made it to Salt Lake City, where our friend picked us up and we drove to Lehi, UT. I don't think we'll fly out of Nashville again. Not even to save $200. It's just a pain to get home, and then have to drive 3 more hours 'till we're really home. I guess it's better than driving all the way :) Especially since Chase is not a fan of his car seat. Like, not a fan at all. But he's getting better.

We took a trip out to Utah so that we could attend my older sister's wedding! We were so excited for her, and the ceremony and reception were both wonderful. We were excited to see our Utah friends while we were there, though we didn't have enough time to see everyone we wanted to see, or to spend as much time as we wanted with those we did see.

My sister and her new husband just after the ceremony

My Dad and Chase with pink ties! Would you believe it if I told you I sewed Chase's tie myself? Good thing I had a nice friend with a sewing machine that helped me :)
Chase and I outside the temple with my bestest friend Alicia. Buddy did all the picture taking so there aren't any photos of him.
Did I mention I got to see my sister while she's on her mission at Temple Square? She was allowed to come to the ceremony since my older sister got married in the Salt Lake Temple.

After Buddy flew back home to Tennessee, Chase and I went down to southern Utah with my parents to stay with my Grandma (who just turned 88!) for a week. It was fun to have Nana and Grandpa Hulet (and Great Grandma Hulet) watch Chase for a bit. I even got to go to a play at the Shakespearean Festival one night with my mom while my Dad watched Chase.
Chase with my Grandma

Chase and I flew back to TN alone, and thank goodness Chase slept all the way, or I might have lost my mind. It was weird to nurse him on the plane, though. I've never nursed in public around strangers before, and I'd rather not do it again...But we made it home safe and sound.

We left three days later to fly to Houston. Thank goodness we had a non-stop flight! It's so much easier! Thank you Grandma Blair for paying for us!!! We had a wonderful time in Houston, though Buddy's Grandma had to be in the hospital for half the time. I was glad we were still able to visit her and that she could meet Chase, and the Aunts were so good about doting on our little guy---especially the Swooper :)
Chase with the Swooper
In the hospital with Grandma Blair

We are glad to be home, though; Chase has been having some trouble eating, and I think it's because he's way off schedule. Hopefully he'll get adjusted soon. I'm tired of nursing him for 10 minutes, and then being forced to give him half of a bottle because he refuses to nurse any more. Now it's back to the grindstone for Buddy, and back to my 24-hour a day job :) Good thing Chase makes my job easy. He's such a good boy.

2 comments:

Great story!! i liked even better because I was a part of it!! :)
 
Just when I think Chase can't get any cuter, you post more pictures of him. He is just the sweetest, cutest, little man. He's starting to look so much older. They change so fast. Love the ladies man shirt. Taking after his father already ;)