Saturday, September 17, 2011

End of Summer Fun

Labor Day is supposed to be the unofficial end of summer:  the pools and water parks close, and it's the last opportunity for families to go to the beach for the holiday.  However, since Memphis still has summer weather all through the month of September, I think anything we do here in September still counts as summer fun :).

Buddy had started school the week before Labor Day, so when the holiday came around we were already ready to do something fun together.  We had never been to the Children's Museum of Memphis, so we decided to try it out!  It had a lot of great stuff for kids to play with and explore, but it still would have been more fun if Chase were a couple years older.  We still spent a few hours there, though, and I think Chase enjoyed it. 
 Chase in the "mini Kroger" tasting the fruit before putting it in his mini-cart.  Too bad it wasn't real fruit!  I wish we could taste fruit at the regular grocery store, then I wouldn't have to knock on cantaloupes and watermelons like an idiot--I have no idea what I'm listening for when I knock, but I still do it...
 This extremely flattering picture of me and Chase is to show you how impressed Chase is with my dance moves, compared to Buddy's:
He looks entranced, doesn't he?  I'm surprised that it wasn't Buddy's dance moves that won my heart...
 
Chase's favorite thing to do lately is play in the car-avoiding his car seat at all costs.  He loved all of the exhibit areas where he could crawl free in the automobiles (and planes!) :)

With Buddy at the school all day, Chase and I like to spend a lot of time outside--especially at the parks. I only wish I didn't have to drive to the parks.  It was nice over the summer to be able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.

We had a chance to meet Chase's birthday-buddy Isaac and his mom (my previous coworker) at the Shelby Farms park, and it was crazy trying to keep the two boys together for even a few seconds.  Apparently there are too many other fun things to explore, but we still had fun :)  These two pics were the best we could do at getting both of their attention:


We also had a chance to go to the Collierville sprinkler park on its last weekend open, so we drove the 40 minutes to get there hoping that it would be worth it.  Over the summer Chase was in love with all of the sprinklers in Cardston (since they have to water their lawns there to keep 'em green...), so I thought the sprinkler park would be the best place for him to have fun.  He didn't love it as much as we'd hoped (maybe because the weather wasn't the best by the time we got there), but we all still got soaked and so declared it a successful trip :)
 Buddy coaxing Chase to play with the sprinklers...
 Chase's facial expression the whole time at the park :)  ok, ok, he smiled at times, and even squealed and ran around a bit, I was just expecting full-on excitement the whole time.
Oh, yeah.  To answer the questions from the last post:  yes, it means we're having another boy!  In December!  This is me at 26 weeks (6 months).  December will be a crazy month.  Not sure what exactly is going to happen with Christmas (and Thanksgiving) plans and moving, but that makes everything more exciting, right?

4 comments:

Love the update! Congrats on having another boy! You make cute boys!!!!
 
congrats guys! we're so happy for you!!! we were planning on going up this summer to visit but tim's family came down twice so we will just be heading up for thanksgiving...too bad we missed you! hope everything goes well.
 
You look so cute! I love the pictures of Isaac and Chase. What cute boys.
 
That children's museum sounded amazing. If Bud's moves are like any of the other Beazers, there is a reason Chase has that stunned look. Have you ever seen Grandpa dance?