Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Homecoming and Buddy's birthday

It was our last year to attend SCO's Homecoming as students--and I'm proud to say that we've been faithful attendees for all 4 years!  Yay--go us!  They provided their classic pulled pork sandwiches, and it may have been our last opportunity to have pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw on top-for free, anyway.  It was yummy :)

 This year Chase was able to enjoy more of the kids activities.  Last year he pretty much stayed in the stroller.  I wish we could have gotten a balloon animal from the balloon man, but the line took too long, and we're just not that patient!
 Buddy tried his hand at some mechanical surfing--he was staying on really well until I distracted him with my good looks.  I'm pretty sure that's what did it, anyway.
 Then Buddy and I battled it out in basketball.  Buddy held Chase and shot one-handed so he could have an excuse for losing.  Good thing he did, since I won.  It did take a while for me to win, though, so Buddy probably would have crushed me if he was using both hands...

We didn't do a whole lot for Buddy's birthday since it was mid-week.  All Buddy said he wanted was to pass his board exam, and he DID!  We found out the week before his birthday, and I bought him an entire ice cream cake that day to celebrate.  He shared a few pieces with me...  Ice cream  is about the only present Buddy gets really excited about, so on his actual birthday, we just celebrated with some regular Rocky Road ice cream.  Also, Chase made him a finger-painted birthday card.  It was the first time I made my own edible finger paints (thank you, Pinterest), and it was pretty fun to do (and messy, of course).
 The picture started out nice and pretty, and then...
 BAM!  That paint was everywhere.  Good thing we did it outside :)
 The end result.  You can't see it all too well, but isn't it beautiful?  Gotta love that tan-brown color.

1 comments:

I'm all about ice cream too. Maybe it's a Beazer thing. I think you had a harder time with basketball because you're pregnant. The baby was probably doing flips and throwing you off :)