Monday, November 14, 2011

October: Pumpkin Patch and Trunk or Treat

Neither of us had ever been to a pumpkin patch to pick out our jack o' lantern pumpkin, so we decided to try it out this year.  We made our way over to Priddy Farms-a pumpkin patch in a local family's farm.  We went on a little hayride, played in sandbox with Chase, and took some pictures, so I'd say it was pretty fun as far as pumpkin patch's go :)
 The guy in charge insisted on taking a picture of us like this, and he was super excited about it :)  So we conceded...(fyi, I'm at 31 weeks here, if anyone was wondering).
 On the hayride.  It takes a lot to impress Chase :)
 I took several pictures of Chase while he wandered around the priced pumpkins.  Most of the pictures look like these.  He's such a boy-showing off how strong he is.  He made some impressive grunting noises while picking up the pumpkins, too.


 I did manage to get one good one in the middle of all the grunting pics :)
 We carved our pumpkin that night, but I think that was a bit too early since it got moldy by the time Halloween came around.

For the actual Halloween weekend, we celebrated by going to the church's trunk or treat activity.  We had a great time, and we went as the Rubbles (our friends went as the Flintstones).  Chase caught on really quick to the idea of walking up to people with candy and holding his hand out :)  We're pretty cheap, so I actually sewed 2 of the costumes (my mom found the blue dress at a Goodwill store), and they didn't turn out too bad!  They were a little tight for Buddy and Chase, but I was still pretty proud of what I was able to make--with the incredible assistance of very talented friends.  Thanks, guys!


 ("Fred" had to work, but the "Wilma" and "Pebbles" were the perfect Flintstones--they didn't even need to dye their hair)
We tried so many times to get a good pic of Chase and Pebbles together, but they were always moving in opposite directions.  It was hard enough getting a pic of Chase by himself.  At least we caught him smiling this time :)

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

1 comments:

Way too cute! Good work on the costumes. I'm too cheap and too lazy so kudos to you. I can't believe you're about to have another baby. We're so excited for you. We thought of coming to see you for Thanksgiving (staying in a hotel for sure) but mom said you could have your baby anyday so we didn't want to add any stress to your life. I hope you're feeling allright and still getting some sleep :)