Saturday, January 9, 2010

I may not have been sick...



So today I was going to be such a good blog co-author by taking a picture of my newly showing pregnancy belly for the world to see. I hadn't known what I was going to write about, but I figured it would come. I was feeling fat today, but I figured "so be it" since I was supposed to be proving how big I was getting anyway.

I showered and picked out my outfit (which I thought would be cute but tight enough to show my belly), did my makeup to match the outfit, and did my hair. I was gonna look good for this picture, no matter what! Excitedly, I took the camera out to buddy, asked him to take my picture, and proceeded to pose in the best best pregnancy shot I knew how. The first thing buddy says to me is "I think that shirt is too ruffly to show off your belly." A good point, actually. But I had taken so long to get ready, and I was frustrated that I didn't have any other good shirts to wear.

I put on a white shirt that buddy approved of, but I realized when buddy was about to snap the photo that I had a scowl on my face. Instead I said, "this isn't going to work, because now I'm mad" and then stormed off to the bedroom, where I proceeded to cry. In the other room, I could hear buddy faintly ask, "so no more pictures?"

And, that, my friends, is how my pregnancy is going. I may not be sick, but I think maybe buddy would prefer that to angry crying attacks. And yes, no pictures. At least not today. :)

9 comments:

welcome to Motherhood -- Buddy is just lucky that you didn't head slap him, I think :)
 
haha! That's too funny!
 
Buddy, the proper response is, "you look great honey," nothing more, nothing less. Do not add words like “today”, or “now” as you want the statement to be as general as possible.
 
At least you can laugh about it in the same day! I read this to John and he replied "women are weird." To which I proceeded to beat him up.
 
Fortunately for you Buddy, after having me as a roommate you should be pretty well equipped to deal with a little bit of crazy now and again.

My advice, try not to be TOO politically correct with the comments or complements ALL of the time... sometimes, the things that come (slip) out of a husband's mouth make for the best memories... and blogs.
 
Oh Becky, I feel your pain! You go right ahead and have those mood swings, you'll laugh about them later. Can't believe you're 18 weeks! so exciting!!!
 
Haha! This is wonderful. For some reason it reminds me of Buddy saying "You went to the neigbors' like that?" when you weren't wearing a shirt, remember that? HA! I think you should post about that, even though it happened before the advent of this blog, because it's just one of the best stories ever.
 
I remember those days all too well. I can't wait for the picture though :)
 
Awwww.... is widdo Becky moody? Don't cwy widdo widdo Becky, its OK. Being pwegnant is hawod wuhk.