Saturday, April 24, 2010

A cookie, a belly, and a birthday!

First, I'll have to address the issue of the cookie:

A few weeks ago, we had two people stop by our house for about half an hour, and I had just happened to have finished baking some cookies to take somewhere else. Not wanting to be impolite (since they smelled so good...) I offered to let them each take one with them when they left--even though that meant having less cookies to take to the people for whom I had originally made them. They took the cookies, and after they left I headed out to deliver the rest of the treats. This is what I saw on my way out to the car:


"What's that in the grass?" I thought to myself. So I took a closer look...

"AH!" I gasped! "My cookie!" And then I giggled all the way to the car. :) Apparently someone didn't want the cookie I offered, and I thought it extremely funny that they would take it, then throw it by the wayside in a VERY obvious place! Right next to the sidewalk, for heaven's sake! I was thinking about it later, and decided that the person that did this was diabetic, and I had forgotten. I seem to recall them mentioning something about it.... Anyway, I scooped up the cookie and delivered it to someone who would appreciate it--Buddy. :) Just kidding, I left the cookie there. But I have learned my lesson about offering cookies to a particular person. I'll try to offer them a celery stick or something next time.

Moving on to "a belly":

Well, here it is, 32 weeks of belly:

Also, if you couldn't tell, I have made my last ditch effort at going blonde. The stylist did a great job, and I would highly recommend him if you have some extra money (T.R. at Cloud 9 Hair Design). It's the second time I've ever had my hair cut by a man, and he did an awesome job. However, I weird myself out every time I look in the mirror, and I'm not used to finding outfits and makeup that look good with blonde hair, so I think it'll be back to brown from now on. I snagged Buddy as a brunette, after all. How much more fun could a blonde have than that? ;)

And, last, but certainly not least (in fact, I probably should have mentioned it first, because I love it so much, but I thought the cookie story was better...), my birthday:

I always love when my birthday comes around! I don't care about getting older, or about getting presents or parties, I just like to have a time that I can expect special treatment from those around me (i.e. Buddy) and not feel guilty about being selfish. :) Usually this means I try to lengthen my birthday out to a whole month instead of one day ("no, I don't have to go grocery shopping today, it's my birthday month" or "I probably shouldn't have to do these dishes; it IS my birthday month, after all"). If only I could make it last all year! This year Buddy tried so hard to surprise me for my birthday, but his plans were foiled twice. First, he told me he had a package coming in the mail, so I wasn't to open it if I saw it first. On wednesday he stayed home in the morning so he could be here when the package came, and he thought it would be a good surprise to set it up for when we arrived home together later. One thing he didn't anticipate, though, was my clumsiness. I happened to spill tomato basil soup all over my lap at work, and I had to drive home to change in the middle of the afternoon. I didn't see EXACTLY what the surprise was, since he covered it, but I saw the empty SONY box in the bedroom and I had a good guess. I was excited for my present, but a little disappointed, too, that I ruined my own surprise. He DID surprise me with one thing, though: he "built me a cake or something" (sorry-napoleon dynamite reference...). He made me a chocolate cake and served it to me with raspberries on top! My favorite dessert! (I was lucky enough to get a chocolate raspberry cake at work earlier, too--thanks, guys!). Needless to say, I had an excellent birthday, and I'll be sad to see all the special treatment go away next week--buddy has to take finals all next week and will be busy studying. This is a pic of the presents I got from buddy this year (nice, eh?):


I hope you all had a good week, too!

15 comments:

I would have picked up the cookie and taken it back to them!!
 
Hilarious about the cookie! they looked good! also I love your blonde hair. You look great as a brunette but blonde really does look good on you as well. I'm always so nervous to do that. anyways love the hair cut, you look great! only 8 more weeks! glad you got a surprise on your bday!
 
That cookie story was great. I still can't believe they left it on the ground, at least take it with you!

I love your hair cut. It is super cute. I'm glad it didn't go weird. I've had friends that have dyed their hair while pregnant and because of the weird hormones and stuff it was a disaster! Cute tummy too :)

I'm so glad Bud did his job and spoiled you rotten, even if you did wreck his surprise. Did you get my birthday message?
 
I did get your email, Adria. Thanks! I was sure to pass the message along that buddy needed to treat me special, and that his older sister said so, and he had to do whatever she said! :)
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Ha that is hilarious about the cookie. Strange they wouldn't just say "no thanks" or give the cookie to the other person or something.
I'm glad you had a good bday! I told Jackson it was your bday and he insisted on singing for you, thus the video you got (did you get it?)
 
oops, that was a video? I got a picture, but my phone probably doesn't play videos on it, so I'll see if I can get to it on verizon.com. Thanks! :)
 
Hi Becky! this is madison by the way, i was just creepin up on my family members and saw your blog, read it, laughed till i almost cried with the cookie story, and noticed that you have a super cute hair cut and dye, like i honestly LOVE it! but i do understand about wanting to go back to brown. i once died my hair brown and quickly returned to being blonde after realizing that nothing in my closet looked good on me anymore! haha
 
Hey Becky. I just went to Cloud 9 as well. Twinners. I had a girl do it though - i think her name was rebecca. did you get the groupon for it? she cut bangs and i really like them. oh and so funny about the cookie - but my guess is that maybe they just accidentally dropped it. cause really, wouldn't they at least throw it in a bush or try to hide it? anyway, you are a funny girl. good stories.
 
That is a pretty funny story about the cookie. I probably would've nabbed it from the grass and eaten it myself. . . Ha! I also very much like your haircut. It's super cute! And your belly is getting large! Woot!
 
It's the ten minute rule! I say eat the cookie!

Buddy never was good at surprises... he usually would give anything away by his ridiculous laugh... you all know the one. But it's good he's doing what he can to make his woman feel special for her birthday month... and I agree... it should be a month!
 
Who would WASTE a perfectly good cookie???? My brain just can't register that information. And, you should have said something about your birthday and we would have included you in our harmonious birthday song on Saturday. I didn't know that John, Christina, and you all have a birthday in the same week, crazy. Happy belated birthday!
 
Love the cookie story, what a waste of a good cookie though. Becky you hair is super cute, I just love it. You look pretty good as a blonde by the way but know that staying your natural color is easier. Your "baby belly" is cute as well, you are looking fabulous.
 
Glad to hear you had a good birthday! Love the new hair! :) You and I flip-flopped! And I love that cookie story, haha.. and the picture to go with it.. too funny!
 
LOVED this post Becky! The cookie story had me laughing out loud. Seriously?! You should have called them and informed them that they 'must have accidentally dropped their cookie on the way out.' ;) It looked dang good too---even if I was diabetic, I'd probably still eat it! What a waste---who DOES that? :)

Second, your hair is SO SO SO cute and stylish! You're one of those lucky ones that can pull off brown and blonde and have them both look natural! Not to mention, you have the cutest belly too!! Lucky girl!

Finally, happy birthday to you! :)

Hope you guys are doing well!