Sunday, May 16, 2010

There's no place like home




For the past few weeks we have been scouring the area for a home to rent. Our contract here at the Meadows Apartments is up at the end of this month, and we want to move somewhere a little safer for the last year that we'll be in Memphis. We've been lucky, I think, not to have had our apartment broken into yet, and I'm pretty tired of feeling anxious outside whenever it gets dark. There have been muggings in our parking lot, cars broken into, our neighbor's car window was smashed out with a brick, and there was a shooting in the parking lot last fall. Oh, and Papa John's even refuses to deliver to our apartment complex for fear of being mugged (true story).



Buddy had his semester break the first week in May, so we spent a lot of our free time together that week looking at houses. We looked at some really old, overpriced homes in our ward, and found some really cute options just outside of our ward, but in the end we decided that we just didn't need to live in a house right now. It was a really stressful week, though, and we kept going back and forth with our options. I can't imagine what it will be like when we are actually trying to BUY a house! We'll be moving to a much safer apartment complex that's not too far from here, but it's just outside of our current ward boundaries, so we'll have to move into a new ward for our last year here (which is a little inconvenient). Hopefully we can still bless our baby in our old ward!



Speaking of baby....I made Buddy take another picture of me. So here you go, a whole 36 weeks of baby belly: (only one more month to go! crazy!)



5 comments:

your new place looks nice, wish we were there to help you pack and move. Becky you still look amazing,love that pregnant belly.
 
Ahh! You're so close!
 
You look great! Wow, can't believe you're almost done w/the pregnancy! Can't wait to see pics of inside your new place!
 
Good luck with the move. I've moved everytime I've been pregnant so far, not fun! I hope you're not too tired and sore. We can't wait to meet your little fellow.
You look fabulous.
 
You really are such a cute pregnant lady. :)

I'm SO glad you guys are moving to Quail Ridge. I think you'll like it there. In addition to your list on the meadows, there were/are also grand theft auto crimes. (Oh yes, we had that happen to us too...lucky, huh? ;)

I know it's a pain to move and switch wards (we only had 5 months left!) but it's SO SO worth it to feel safer...especially with bringing home a new baby!! :)