Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving in Atlanta

 Happy Thanksgiving (two weeks ago)!  Since we didn't carve our jack-o-latern in time for Halloween, we carved it into a turkey!  We're pretty pleased with how it turned out, too.  We didn't even use a pattern!  Unfortunately, I only remembered to light it once for this picture, so it was still kind of a waste.  But a fun waste!  I always like carving pumpkins :)

For Thanksgiving vacation, we drove to Atlanta to stay with Buddy's sister and her family for a week.  We had a great time there and ate some delicious food!  Chase got a lot of attention from his cousins, especially his cousin Kami.  She was always excited to feed him or bathe him, or just hold him.  Those guys are going to be such good siblings to their new brother that's coming.  Here Clayton and Kami are mimicking Chase-lying on the floor spread-eagle like he does.

 While we were there, we got to spend a few hours at the atlanta zoo :)  Too bad Chase can't appreciate all of the animals yet, but I think he still loved the nice long walk!

 This is a big "bird's nest" that was part of a zoo exhibit.
 On one of the days we went to the park.  I actually like going to the park now because Chase can actually do something there:  swing on the swings!  Luckily, Lyssie was good enough to share the swing with him :)

Too bad I didn't take any pictures of the delicious feast we had!  Buddy's sister made some wonderful rolls (they call them 'buns'.  Is that a Canadian thing?), and the turkey turned out great!  I never knew that my mom cooked the turkey in a turkey bag, but that's what she told us we could do, and it was delicious.  I totally recommend cooking it that way-it wasn't dry or anything!  We'll be sad to move away from Memphis next May, since we won't be close to Buddy's sister anymore, but we'll be back in September!

2 comments:

It was a perfect Thanksgiving! We're so glad you came. Don't even mention the moving away thing...I can't take it :)
 
Looks like fun! Your little man is getting so old can't believe it. Are you in cardston for Christmas? Also I think "Buns" is a Canadian thing because i never hear people use the word "rolls".