Saturday, June 18, 2011

Chase Update

We didn't get to go to the Doctor for his 1 year appointment since we're up here in Canada and don't want to pay out of pocket, so I don't have any year stats.  He's about 20 pounds still, but I'm not worried about his weight, he eats a lot and he's a happy boy!

He went through a phase for a couple of weeks where he smiled this cheesy squinty-eyed smile that was so cute!  He's been cutting a lot of teeth lately, though, so he hasn't been as smiley.  He has 8 teeth showing through his gums now!

Chase walks all over the place, and he's a pretty fast walker, too!  He loves to be chased (a ha, "Chased"--get it?) around the house, and he even initiated peek-a-boo with me the other day.  I was sitting on the couch saying "Chase?  Where are you?" since I couldn't see him, and he popped up into my line of sight with a big smile on his face.  He continued doing that for another minute or so.  I was loving it..and so was Chase.
(Chase watching his favorite thing: Baby Einstein.  Why do kids love that so much?)

He's getting to be more of a handful in church now that he's walking everywhere.  He's always going up to different people during classes and such.  Last week he made the guy in front of us jump about two feet in the air when he grabbed his butt.  I think the guy thought someone behind him was trying to get fresh with him before he turned and saw Chase there.

(Getting into his snack cupboard.  He loves pulling all of his treats out, or used to anyway--we put blocks on the cupboards :) )

He doesn't say any actual words yet, but he does make a lot of noise.  He says a lot of different consonants, but he still loves saying "Da-da" the most.  He intentionally says "dah" for dog, too.  He has starting pointing at things he wants now, but he still refuses to do any of the sign language that I use.  I swear he doesn't like to imitate anything that we do-he just wants to be an original :)
Falling asleep on me is a rare sight.  It was so cute when he did.  Too bad I ruined the moment by dropping the camera on his head after taking this picture.  That was not a nice way for him to wake up, poor guy.

We love having this little guy around!

2 comments:

man i just think he is the cutest guy EVER. I love the picture of him falling asleep on your laugh is so cute. love those moments... i also laughed outloud when you said you dropped the camera. Pretty funny. he's little and cute. Talia is 19.5 lbs at 21 months. Yuou get what you get right?
 
That's so funny about the guy in church. I have an almost identical picture of Clayton getting into the treat cupboard at Nana's.