Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chase's Birthday

I'm glad that Chase was only turning two so that celebrating his birthday didn't have to be a big deal this year.  We were so busy with moving and graduating that we didn't have a party with his friends (not that we've been in an area long enough yet for him to have friends that he'd remember...).  But we did still have an ice cream cake (that he shared with Buddy--it was a graduation and birthday cake) and a good meal with some long term family friends in Pennsylvania (I had written "old family friends" but didn't want them to think I was commenting on their age... :) ).

Chase got some fun gifts--a basketball hoop, a new spin toothbrush with stickers, a sprinkler, a new book, a Thomas the train toy, and a nightlight that projects stars on the ceiling.  Fun, right?  I think the first time he used the nightlight there was a thunderstorm at bedtime so he associates it with thunder.  Every time we turn it on he says "Fundah? Yight-nin?"  and then hugs us tight.  I'm hoping he'll soon embrace his Hulet genes and learn to love thunderstorms.  We'll see.

We haven't had a chance to take Chase to his 2 year check-up (we're in Canada right now for a month before Buddy starts work), so I don't how how much he's grown, but it's not too much :)  He's still our skinny boy-he gets it from his Beazer genes.
 Chase with his favorite toys at Nana H and Pop Pop's house:  Charlie Brown Christmas music players.  Lucky us, we get to hear Christmas music year round.  Every day.
 Playing with Nana H's new water fountain. 
Chase is such a little goof these days.  He imitates what we say a lot more, still thinks fake coughing is hilarious, and seems to find his own jokes the funniest (wonder where he gets that from?...).  He can count to twenty now, knows his alphabet and all of the sounds--he can even tell you the name of the letter when you say the sound. 

He is still a little difficult to understand what he is saying unless you know the context, but that is coming along gradually.  He is putting words together in 3-5 word sentences, he just doesn't say it too clearly yet.  His go-to phrase is "this one right there?"  And he actually just started retelling past events.  Like today he's been talking about how he jumped on the blocks and fell off and hurt his cheek yesterday. 

He loves ranch dressing, ketchup, and mac n cheese, but doesn't seem to consistently like eating much else.  It changes everyday.  He loves puzzles, and does really well putting them together by himself.  Even some non-wood ones.  His favorite show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he knows all of the characters' names.

We love having this kid around!

2 comments:

What a big boy! He's so cute. I can't wait to see him and that chubby brother of his in just over a week!
 
Aw, we miss Chase. I can't believe he's two! Happy birthday chase!