Chase loves trains, so we thought it'd be a pretty cool thing for us to do as a family (no matter that it was more expensive than we would have liked). The trip lasts 3 hours and I was concerned about overlapping with Chase and Mason's naps, but it worked out fairly well, and we made it through without too many tears.
I thought the coolest part was the old train station-it was built in 1913 and I loved imagining what it must have looked like then and how busy is must have been in its heyday with all of the passengers. Here we are at the Cumberland station (Mason was sleeping in a stroller):
The train ride itself was overpriced, I think, for what we got. The train moved A LOT slower than I anticipated, and it was hard to keep Chase occupied for the whole 1.5 hour ride (there and back).
on the train
Mason did pretty well, considering
The Frostburg station was less than impressive, and there weren't many food choices for lunch. I did get a rainbow sherbet ice cream cone, though, so that helped :) I forgot how much I love Sherbet. I think I stopped eating it around the same time that I realized I had been mispronouncing it all of those years. A weird coincidence.
I will miss our walks in Cumberland, the library there (they have an awesome kids section with tons of wooden puzzles and toys), and my YMCA membership. That gym saved my sanity with an hour of free babysitting while I worked out in the group fitness classes. It was awesome.
Our last walk together in Cumberland
These are Masons feet. Buddy has superlong toes and I'll often catch him sitting with his toes curled under on the ground, and I make fun of him for it. And then I saw our second son doing the same thing while standing in the jumperoo. So I took a picture. The apple doesn't fall far...
First time with rice cereal.
Look at those cheeks! It's crazy how different he and Chase are, but they are both so super cute in their own ways.

1 comments:
Post a Comment