Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chalk on the Trampoline

Man, it's nice to have easy access to a trampoline here--one of the many benefits of living with my parents :)  We're still in the process of buying a house--just waiting to be approved for a loan.  Apparently we haven't bought enough stuff on payment plans to have enough credit for easy approval.  It's taking FOR-EV-ER!  At this point we're actually hoping the sellers don't back out on our offer since it's taking too long and we have to set a later closing date.  Wish us luck that everything works out!

In the meantime...we've been putting the trampoline to good use here.  Any time I mention going outside, Chase will say "Tok on tamp-o-leen? (Chalk on trampoline?)"  And of course I say yes.  Because it's fun :)  How come I don't remember doing this when I was little?

 Yes, he's not wearing any clothes.  He was playing with the water table right before this, so he was all wet.


Oh, you want to see the pictures he drew up close?  Well , ok, if you insist :)

 He would tell me what they were after looking at them for a second.  I think he draws, and THEN decides what it is that he just drew :)  This is obviously a horse.

 This really does look like an ice cream cone ("eye greem goan"-with gutteral 'g's)
I think the lines were originally supposed to go IN the circle.  But what do I know?

This is exactly what he called this after he drew it.  We can thank "Blue's Clues"  for helping him learn that shape :)  I think he sounds so cute when he says it.

 And then he started rubbing his head on the tramp.  And before you think he's really ahead of his age and is coolly trying to make some static electricity (like we used to do), this is just something he does.  Anywhere.  On the carpet, on the hardwood floor, and now on the trampoline.  I hope he doesn't lose any brain cells while doing this.

Whew!  That was a lot of work!

2 comments:

Good luck with the house! I think getting pre-approved for our loan was the best piece of advice our realtor gave us. Then we knew we could buy any house up to the amount we were approved for.

Chalk on the trampoline looks like fun. I totally saw the horse and birds. It's just like looking at the clouds...up to interpretation!
 
Chase doesn't have very many more brain cells to lose... jk jk. Love all the pictures. Love the story about the mustache. I didn't want to be the one to tell you, good thing kids are so honest right?! Saves you from a lot more embarrassment