Monday, June 21, 2010

One month!



Chase is one month old today!! He goes in for his annual checkup tomorrow, but I wanted to post some recent pics and videos of chase from the past few weeks. He finally started sleeping at 3-4 hour intervals last night (instead of 1 1/2 hour intervals), and hopefully he'll continue to actually sleep during the night. For the past couple of weeks, he has stayed awake at night and slept during the day, which is fine for him, but a bit of an adjustment for us. Buddy has been nice enough to feed him a bottle at night over the weekends, so I always look forward to the weekend! Chase is finally starting to keep his eyes open for an hour or two during the day, but it seems like it's only when he has the hiccups. His eyes are still dark blue though-I think they look like little blueberries 'cause they're the exact same color! Chase smiles and I think he even giggles a little bit--but only in his sleep. We can't wait until he smiles at us for real.




A week or so ago, we went to a nearby orchard to pick some fresh fruit. We didn't last there very long because it was stinkin' hot, but we picked some delicious peaches and blueberries!

Me picking blueberries. I had never seen a real blueberry bush before!

Looking hot and sweaty in his car seat. Poor little guy. I guess we could have unbuckled him at least :)

Buddy straining to get at those peaches. His pecs look massive 'cause he's arching his back to reach the fruit. He's not really that buff :) jk, Buddy! I think you're very strong.

Oh! I also have some pictures from one of our (our meaning mine and Chase's) big outings last week. It seems like going out anywhere by myself with a newborn is a big outing, but I think we were gone for 3 1/2 hours this time. We went to the Mud Island River Park with some friends, where they have a to-scale model of the Mississippi River (filled with running water) that you can walk in, and a big fountain at the end that all the kids played in (and me, too--except I didn't have a bathing suit, so I could only walk around in the water and under the spray of the fountain).

(Chase is in the black stroller...the other kids are our friends'-the Johnsons- kids that came with us)
Bridge over the REAL Mississippi River-right next to the park

Chase rockin' his sweet swimming suit

Our friends at the park with us

Also, it was Buddy's first Father's Day yesterday! He is fitting into the role of Dad really easily. He is so helpful already, and so cute when he's with Chase. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything special prepared for him, but we were lucky enough to have some friends from our old ward invite us over for lunch/dinner to celebrate. It was the first time we had had steak in months, and it was soo good! :)



6 comments:

Love the pictures - especially "hot rod"
 
I can't believe he is already a month old. It feels like just last week you were at work. I guess that's a good thing for time to fly. The video is cute!!
 
Haha, that video is too cute! Love the pictures. He's just a little man! Happy first fathers day to Buddy :)
 
I can't wait to hold CHase. He is the cutest little baby boy in the world, after Clayton of course! I just can't believe how small he is. I've always dreamed of having a really small baby. Clayton was 8 lbs 9 oz! WE can't wait to see you guys. I'll feed Chase a bottle in the night ;)
 
Way to brave the heat! We've been wanting to pick berries but don't know if we can handle it. He's a cutie. Glad you are getting more sleep!
 
P.S. just kidding about that 3-4 hours of sleeping at night. It must have just been a two night thing, 'cause I maybe got an hour of sleep last night. ah, well...if babies were predictable, they wouldn't be as fun....um, right? :)