He's getting older, but not much bigger! He still doesn't like to drink as much as is recommended during the day, and because of that, I'm still getting up once a night to nurse him...that is, except last night! That's right, after nine long months he actually slept through the night! He woke up 10 minutes after falling asleep at seven, and then about 30 minutes after that, but I think that may have to do with the fact that we forgot to plug in the nightlight. I didn't realize that until morning, so maybe that's why he slept through the night :)
(I know those pants don't match--he was just wearing them for his nap. And apparently to play the guitar)
At his 9 month appointment we had to meet with the nurse practitioner again, which I don't like because I feel like everyone there but Dr. Kassees is too high-strung and makes me worry more than I should. This nurse practitioner wanted to send Chase out for a GI evaluation (because of weight) and a developmental evaluation (because of language), which I don't really think he needs. She did say, once I told her that he was premature, that he didn't need the GI eval after all (shouldn't they check that in the chart before suggesting an evaluation?). Also, I think that Chase's communication development is fine since I've noticed lately that he DOES do things that I wasn't sure about while I was there. These are Chase's stats:
weight: 16 lbs 11 oz---15%
length: 27 3/4 in---30%
head circumference: 43.5 cm---10%
I think Chase is just a small boy. At least I hope I'm not doing anything wrong.
A lot has happened this past month as far as milestones: He started crawling, and he's really getting around these days. I think he would win a crawling race if only he stayed focused on the finish line :) He can pull himself up on anything within reach (including his pack n' play), and is getting good at getting down again without hurting himself. He's pretty good at crawling OVER things, too (like when my legs are in the way when I'm sitting on the floor with him). He finally got his first teeth on the bottom, and we can see and feel one coming in on top. He says "Da-Da-Da" and "Da-ya" a lot (started saying this two weeks ago), and will imitate me when I say "Da-Da". It's pretty cute to hear more than just grunts and whines. He's started to pick things up with a pincer grasp (though he's not too good at it yet), can clap (maybe on accident), and loves to roll balls around. Today he went all around the apartment swatting a little ball. It was so cute :)
Chase loves being outside and will cry when we come inside after a walk. He also loves his dad and will cry when he leaves for school in the morning. He thinks his dad is hilarious (and sometimes mom too), but you can't use a joke more than one time 'cause it isn't funny any more. He probably gets that from me. I'm getting a taste of my own medicine :) Chase loves to open and close things, including, but not limited to: laptops, leaptops :), cell phones, doors, drawers, Velcro straps, and curtains. This skill has been especially useful the past two days when he's helped me with the laundry. He'll open the dryer door and stand and pull out the clothes so I can fold them.
I try to give Chase a 6 oz. bottle about every 4 hours, he eats 2-3 tbs oatmeal with fruit in the morning, about half a jar of veggies at lunch, and 2-3 tbs rice cereal at dinner. Chase takes 2-3 naps a day, and lately he's had more 2-nap days. He goes to bed at about 6:30 to 7:30pm and wakes up between 6 and 7am.
I think he's really close to standing on his own, and he will walk really fast when we hold his hands, especially if he sees his Binky, or it's bath time, or he sees his dad. He's at such a fun age, and we're so lucky to be this little guy's parents. We love you so much, Chase!

5 comments:
-both crawled at 9ish months
-pulls self up
-talia gave up bottles at 9 months and wouldn't nurse
-talks up a storm now and she's 17 months
-is finally 18.5 lbs at 17months.
some kids are small some are big. As long as he eats, sleeps, pees/ poos, and is happy. what more can you do.
sounds lik ehe is great!
Post a Comment