Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Yesterday I was really excited about two things.  They may seem simple or mundane to anyone else, but they improved my mood significantly.  Or maybe I was just in a super good mood so I was getting excited about them.  One of those :)

Thing #1: Nike Basketball Outfit.  In June '09, before I was even pregnant with Chase, Buddy and I were shopping at a Nike outlet and bought a 12 month old boys outfit because the deal was too good to pass up.  And it was a sweet outfit.  We didn't know if we would have a boy any time soon, but we bought it just in case anyway :)  I was so excited when we found out we were having a boy and could use the outfit we bought!  Chase isn't 12 months old yet (he'll be nine months tomorrow), but is was so warm yesterday and Buddy had a basketball game that morning, so I thought I'd try on Chase's outfit just to see.  It fit!  I have to roll down the waistband a bit to make it tighter, but it fits!  And it was totally worth the wait :)  Bonus:  the Puma shoes my sister let us borrow match perfectly!




Thing #2:  Baby "Leaptop".  Anytime we open our laptop around Chase, he immediately drops whatever he's doing so he can come open and shut it.  It helps me not to waste so much time on the computer when he's awake, but we were afraid that he'd break it sooner or later.  I was shopping in Target one day and saw these great baby laptops (I didn't even know they made such things) and got pretty excited about them.  After talking about it together, Buddy and I decided that it would be worth us buying one if it saves us from eventually having to fix a Chase-damaged MacBook.  They cost about $25, but it seems pretty sturdy so far and it has such cool features :)  Chase loves it, and it seems to be successfully distracting him from our computer so far.  I'm even more excited about his laptop, though!  I think it's so cool!  You can personalize it so the computer says "Hi, Chase!" out loud whenever we turn it on, and we can also customize some "emails" that are read to him.  Right now we made some from Nana, Grampy, and Uncle Randy :)  I can't wait till he can understand it more (the laptop is really meant for kids 2 years old and up).  Is a baby laptop a little excessive?  Maybe.  But I love it!
P.S. it's a leapfrog laptop--that's why they call it a "leaptop".  Good one, huh?

4 comments:

My kids used to love their laptops, but now they want one like ours, already. Good luck there little ones!
 
That is the cutest outfit! Declan has the same laptop and loves it. He's the same way - always wants to shut our laptop.
 
that leaptop is awesome - he looks like he loves it!
 
O my goodness what a stud-muffin! Love the outfit! I'll have to keep that baby laptop in mind for Hailey. Miss you!