Monday, April 4, 2011

"Ah! He bit me with his butt!"

5 million points to whoever knows what line that movie is from.  Hints:  1) The title of the movie has to do with this blog post, and 2) "He" is a porcupine.

Hmm, I love going home.  I was getting pretty bored and lonely with Buddy studying for boards all of the time (he finally took them March 15th and 16th), so I decided that for his last week of studying before the boards, Chase and I would go home to visit Nana and Grandpa Hulet.  We had a great time at home, and my brother and his family even came up from D.C. to hang out with us for the weekend.  Here are a few pics from the trip:

 Trip to the Penn State Poultry Farm where my Dad raises chickens and does research/experiments on feed, living conditions, vaccines, etc...right, Dad? 
 I'm kind of surprised Chase didn't crush the poor baby chick.  It just wanted to tickle his neck is all...
 I think Chase thought one chicken was cool, but twenty was too many to handle!
Chase and Grandpa Hulet at a Mexican Restaurant.  The food was delicious!
 We spent an hour or two at the gym one day, and I thought the best part was shooting baskets with my brother and dad!  I can't even remember the last time that happened.  Maybe never?  We played "one-bounce" and of course I was losing badly, but it was fun to play with them.  Also, it's always fun to see my brother and dad compete with each other.  The best is when they arm-wrestle!  Here my brother is throwing his shoe to get down a volleyball that he got stuck in the ceiling :)
 Chase being pushed in the stroller by his life-saving cousin Annika!  He was about to crawl/fall down the stairs before she warned us of what he was about to do.  Good save, Annie!
 Seeing that the shoe was unsuccessful, Kent threw a semi-flat basketball up to knock the volleyball down.  Good one, Kent.  Then he and my dad both had a shoe-throwing frenzy trying to get both of the balls down.
Last pic of Chase with Nana and Grandpa before we left!  Thanks for a fun time, Mom and Dad (and Kent family)!

4 comments:

Homeward Bound. Chance says it after shadow warns him to leave the porcupine alone, he has to sniff it and it leaves its quills in him. Poor Chance.
 
i love chase! The pictures of him with the chicks are so adorable!
 
Good for you. I did the same when Mark worked in NYC for the summer.
 
5 million points for Dara!...as long as you didn't look it up online :)