Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Great Day!

Today was a big day for a number of reasons:

1.  We were privileged to hear the Prophet's and Apostles' words as our church's semi-annual conference began.  How lucky are we to be able to watch the broadcast directly from home!  Yes, I love technology...
And we are so lucky to be able to hear from our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  He is such an amazing man, and I know that he is called of God to give us direct guidance and commands from the Lord. (if you want to know more about our prophet's role in the church, see here, or here under "Supporting our Leaders", OR, if you want to watch some of our conference online to see what it's like, see here! )

President Monson is in the middle, with his counselors on either side of him.

2.  Chase learned how to wave on command!  So fun!  Just disregard my sheep-like voice at the end :) .


3.  Chase stood by himself for five whole seconds!  Yes, that's a big deal :)  That means he's getting close to walking.  Most of the time he won't let go of our hands, but I think he was distracted because he was outside, and all of the sudden he was standing!

4.  The high was 72 degrees today!  Yay! Back to warm weather!  Buddy and I even went running (not together, who would be watching Chase?  Plus, Buddy runs too fast for me...).

5.  We ate Bunny Ears!  Nice gimmick, KitKat!..makin' those delicious chocolate sticks look like bunny ears...  I fell for it, of course.  I always get sucked in by flashy advertising and things that looks cute.  There is skill involved in eating it, too (though Buddy would say otherwise, he just dives right in).  I think the best way is to bite off the head first, and then you can break apart the ears.  Just like KitKats are meant to be eaten.  Mmmmm...

2 comments:

Your blog looks adorable!
 
I need some of those bunny ears!