Saturday, April 16, 2011

Swimming in April? Thank You, I believe I will!

Last Saturday it was 93 degrees here, so we went swimming, of course!  Luckily our apartment complex's pool stays open year 'round.  The water was still pretty cold, but it was nice to get a little wet, and we had fun trying out Chase's new swim suit.  We even got him some little sunglasses, but their "one size fits all" in the baby section didn't prove to be true for Chase.  His sunglasses do fit Buddy and I, though...which doesn't surprise me :)

The first thing we saw when we got to the pool was a frog practicing his breast stroke in the water.  He was probably enjoying having the pool all to himself before we got there and ruined things.  Then the poor guy had to endure Buddy's and Chase's attention for the next fifteen minutes.  I might have played with the frog, too, if it hadn't jumped on my leg and surprised me.  I make it a rule not to play with things that are sneaky and try to scare me.

 Don't worry, we made sure that Chase didn't hurt him.  I think he might have suffered more emotional trauma than physical pain.
I wish you could see Chase's swim trunks better.  I think they're so cute!  They are super long on him now, but it makes him look tougher.  More tough?  Spellcheck says tougher is a word, so I'm sticking with it.
 Buddy would let the frog get a head start, then he'd have Chase go after it.  You can barely see the frog in the picture below.  He's a couple feet in front of Chase.  Can you see him?
 Once we were finished with the frog, we splashed in the water for a bit.  I know this picture is blurry, but you can still see that Chase is enjoying it :)
 Our last attempt at getting Chase to wear the sunglasses.  They would look so cute on him if he would just hold still!  Alas, it'll probably be a few years before he'll actually let us put sunglasses on him.  Maybe this pair will fit him by then.
And look, that's my hand!  The only picture of me at the pool.  I know, I know, it's a nice hand.  You can say it.  You can tell I've been working out.  However, I'll never be as good as this lady.  One can only aspire to such greatness.

5 comments:

hilarious.

that hand lady is creepy.
 
He is super cute and the hand lady is super creepy. I'm surprised there isn't a mock video of her yet on You Tube of a guy with hairy nasty hands :)
 
So excited for you to come here this summer!! and I'm the pool cashier here in cardston so you had better bring in little chaser every once in awhile!
 
man! it was 93? it sure was hot but I hadn't realized it was that hot! crazy
 
Awesome. I love that hand model lady, she is a riot. I think you might have what it takes to be her successor.