ok, this is the day before, but look how cute he is in his pink tie!
Valentine's? Oh, Chase is so there it's insane!
All decked out in his holiday-colored attire. Don't worry, he was wearing pants at some point during the day.
He has a sneaking suspicion that we're going to have a cheesy, romantic dinner without him...Oh, and he's right! With heart-shaped plates, candles, and delicious food!
This is the first time that I have ever planned a Valentine's Date! I was pretty excited, and I went all out making a dinner and dessert, and even decorating. If you know me very well, you know I'm usually too lazy to do such things, but it was actually pretty fun to plan! And I kept it all a secret, because I love surprises! I made Bulgogi (see "side note" below) with a cucumber salad, and for dessert we had a chocolate cake with raspberry sauce (also in a heart shape). I also made sure that we had sparkling grape juice-red and white. So yummy :)
Side note: Our first Valentine's Day together was February 2007 about a week after we had officially started dating, after I had said: "Hey, Buddy, remember a few months ago when you said I should let you know if I ever changed my mind [about dating you]? Well..." and then we started dating. Buddy planned our Valentine's date, and we ate out at Sam Hawk's--a Korean restaurant in Provo. Buddy was excited to have me try their signature dish--Bulgogi. It was really good, too! Then we stopped by a grocery store to pick up a brownie mix (we got turtle brownies, mmmm.) and we went to his apartment to make the brownies and watch The Count of Monte Cristo, my favorite movie :)
Since then Valentine's has been:
'08: Shoot, I can't remember; it was in Provo, though, '09: Backyard Burger in Memphis. Ooh, yeah. It was a mutual decision, '10: Amerigo's Italian Restaraunt in Memphis. Yummy, but Buddy insisted it was pronounced "Ahmair-EE-goes"with higher-pitched voice on the "EE." He still thinks that. Or maybe just says that to bug me.

1 comments:
Post a Comment